This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- #DRAMATICALLY change your results? Get in touch with your #body now! Here's how..https://t.co/oCD4e3cRYM https://t.co/6QjPMyNrQ4 about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #life is a #journey..... not a #destination #healthylifestyle #permanentweightloss... https://t.co/YuYVoUzrjl about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 9 Tips you need to Go BEYOND temporary #WeightLoss. Get #Results NOW! Check it out here!... https://t.co/9yN243osxU 12:30:47 PM July 28, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Are you ready for a #lifestyle change and have a life of amazing #health and #vitality ? Begin owning your health... https://t.co/FrMqMTeAyW 07:52:14 AM July 28, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you let #Sabotage wipe out a large area of your life? Get the 8 DANGER ZONES AND DETOURS #weightloss... https://t.co/Wb9lD65hXY 12:45:56 PM July 27, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite