This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- If you really want to #DRAMATICALLY change the results you’ve been encountering, it’s time to get in touch with... https://t.co/hHCqqtiRRm 10:16:05 AM April 21, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stop the "All or Nothing" Thinking. #LoseWeightPermanently Here is why...... https://t.co/JqLlhFsiZU 08:01:04 AM April 21, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In a society that focuses so much on being thin, and produces extremely high obesity rates, it’s no surprise that... https://t.co/mmuytjhvSF 06:40:04 PM April 20, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This was a fun interview on the Outer Limits of Inner Truth radio show. My segment starts around the 35 minute... https://t.co/Gzb58y87Fc 03:46:46 PM April 20, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 9 Tips you need to Go BEYOND temporary #WeightLoss. Get #Results NOW! Check it out here! https://t.co/cdE7XpFt0M https://t.co/QZqUMKQUZ6 10:39:04 AM April 20, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite