This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- #DRAMATICALLY change your results? Get in touch with your #body now! Here's how..https://t.co/oCD4e3utnm https://t.co/41ZRa7AJxo about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This requires “rewiring” the circuits in the brain. It can be done and it helps establish or re-establish trust.... https://t.co/3ouSUvf2yQ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If we believe in ourselves, we don’t give up. We don’t throw away days. We don’t go backwards. We don’t give up... https://t.co/zuZKIJjRo0 about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Get your 9 Tips to Go BEYOND temporary #WeightLoss. Get #Results TODAY! Ger your copy at https://t.co/cdE7XpFt0M https://t.co/BM97AbgPcW 10:45:01 AM May 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you desire a true #Lifestyle change? Achieve a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health... https://t.co/HraE6MeuVY 08:45:58 AM May 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite