This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Why We Don’t Say #NO Does it seem hard for you? Here's why... http://t.co/r7knVKKQtH http://t.co/5lIz1hFTSU 09:20:02 AM October 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Change on an energy level is the deepest transformation we can make as humans. I'm teaching how! https://t.co/yPaaQyqGI6 02:13:20 PM October 01, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Too busy for a weekly class? In Journeys, we'll use a group call and a one-on-one session to go deeper & heal... http://t.co/ne162R3dp6 09:51:04 AM October 01, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- FREE Download to Rock Your Weight Loss Into the #Permanent Zone! 9 Tips to Go BEYOND Temporary #WeightLoss...... http://t.co/YjcH6tBQZF 11:40:02 PM September 30, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #LosingWeight isn’t about food, or calories, or the gym. So what's it all about? http://t.co/m23n3mo0fX http://t.co/S0UbgwDBvo 09:20:02 AM September 30, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite