This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Most Important Factors for #PermanentWeightLoss http://t.co/maxvcC3tCW http://t.co/967FVLXQ94 09:25:02 AM July 03, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No. 15 - Stop letting others define you #letgo More things to Stop doing if you want #PermanentWeightLoss ...... http://t.co/YmLbikpETM 09:15:03 AM July 01, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yes, #positivity is important. But what do we do with the negative energies that naturally show up?... http://t.co/sW7jIuAGtz 09:20:02 AM June 29, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Another article - I've been blogging against the use of soda of any kind for many years. The science is starting... http://t.co/FEk5k7LK1H 05:03:06 PM June 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Another article - I've been blogging against the use of soda of any kind for many years. The science is starting... http://t.co/j0khkjiAXs 04:59:50 PM June 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite