This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Use your #FemaleEnergy to #Empower #WeightLoss. DRAMATICALLY change your results! Here's how...... https://t.co/NHbHHdcC4N about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 9 Tips to Go BEYOND Temporary #WeightLoss... Get #Results Access your copy at https://t.co/cdE7XpFt0M https://t.co/CZOyEpr9yK about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you desire True #Lifestyle Change? Achieve a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health... https://t.co/imD2kGKN2a about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you really want to #DRAMATICALLY change your results it’s time to get in touch with your #body FIRST! Here's... https://t.co/YQfaKOzOCg 11:05:01 AM February 12, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- LOVE yourself first. a #healthy you #permanentweightloss https://t.co/jIqTFn6vmQ 08:45:01 AM February 12, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite