This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Yes! You DESERVE #PermanentWeightLoss! Readmore... https://t.co/IGq5AykgK0 https://t.co/1zUKgDrBQh about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Is it time for a #Lifestyle change! Have a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health... https://t.co/UaqQTjWY5v 07:40:30 AM June 30, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you let #Sabotage wipe out a large area of your life? Get the 8 DANGER ZONES AND DETOURS #weightloss... https://t.co/8SIsTdoJc6 10:26:02 AM June 29, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What exactly is your #Satiation Cue? #healthyweightloss Find out... https://t.co/sWz2531dsi https://t.co/b3CZKqkEBL 07:25:02 AM June 29, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Is it time for a #Lifestyle change? Have a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health today!... https://t.co/ifgdFM0RiL 06:07:02 PM June 28, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite