This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Use #FemaleEnergy to #Empower #WeightLoss Audio Class If you want to #DRAMATICALLY change your results, it’s... https://t.co/tt6fLduGDb about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You've got to WANT a #healthylife more than you want your #comfortzone. https://t.co/V1OE74U6iu https://t.co/KIZ3qKYHGr about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- FREE Class for #permanentweightloss with America's Weight Loss Catalyst! 4 Vital Steps to Prepare for REAL... https://t.co/6rGLeekLdI 11:12:01 AM November 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Self-love is Job #1. #selfworth #selflove Find out the REAL reason why... https://t.co/Jufg6JxWHW https://t.co/2cF1elPvz3 08:42:02 AM November 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A whirlwind of #positiveenergy and personality. She owns her #body, every inch of it... #RebelWilson... https://t.co/IHWEfOmSRc 08:25:02 AM November 23, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite