As our culture becomes more and more fixated with excess weight and dieting, we grow fatter. As weight loss methods proliferate, verging on the dangerous, we risk serious bodily harm to get thin, but never seem to get there. Unexpressed desires, hungers and needs drive this counterproductive behavior.
Through the years, my clients have shared many forms of hunger with me and with each other in my year-long weight loss class. Often, they describe a deep, endless hunger they feel in a sharp, visceral way – a deep hole that is never filled, no matter how much food, drink and drama are added to the void. That’s what I thought about when I saw this video:
The hunger we feel has nothing to do with food.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Useing your #FemaleEnergy will #Empower #WeightLoss. You can DRAMATICALLY change your results! Here's how...... https://t.co/odi5NOnpPJ about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When you leave all these things behind, something remarkable happens. #PermanentWeightLoss #LoveYourself Find... https://t.co/rkM4TKf7wu about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you let #Sabotage wipe out a large area of your life? Get the 8 DANGER ZONES AND DETOURS #weightloss... https://t.co/vzkjBRpn5O 08:52:25 PM April 30, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Get your 9 Tips to Go BEYOND temporary #WeightLoss. Get #Results TODAY! Ger your copy at https://t.co/cdE7XpFt0M https://t.co/GaBcCtQVYA 09:46:01 AM April 30, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you desire a true #Lifestyle change? Achieve a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health... https://t.co/fpPJ1D1kIM 07:45:02 AM April 30, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Biggest Loser Damage Documented in Regained Weight
- Losing Weight Permanently Means NOT Missing the Fatter Days
- Celebrating a Very Sweet Sixteen Years of Permanent Weight Loss
- Barbie and Girls’ Body Image – What’s Wrong with Realism?
- Oprah Wants Your Money (and Self Worth) For a Dying Weight Watchers