This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
I’m back from vacation. It was wonderful to take a break from routine. It was also wonderful to get emails from my readers who missed me!
We visited Washington DC and saw many fantastic sights, museums and monuments.
But we also visited with family, where we met my cousin’s son’s little girl, Nadia, for the first time. She’s two and she’s amazing! Most babies are imaginative and creative and full of wonder – and she is all those things – before the world encourages them to drift away to more concrete “realities.”
Being a cowgirl myself, I brought her new purple cowgirl boots. She loved them! Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- If you really want to #DRAMATICALLY change the results you’ve been encountering, it’s time to get in touch with... https://t.co/BfLS8rvgou about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The hot savings code for my products & classes is SAVE2015. Good for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday &... https://t.co/3TdXEj4lxj 01:36:25 PM November 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Use #FemaleEnergy to #Empower #WeightLoss Audio Class If you want to #DRAMATICALLY change your results, it’s... https://t.co/tt6fLduGDb 10:50:01 AM November 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You've got to WANT a #healthylife more than you want your #comfortzone. https://t.co/V1OE74U6iu https://t.co/KIZ3qKYHGr 09:22:05 AM November 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- FREE Class for #permanentweightloss with America's Weight Loss Catalyst! 4 Vital Steps to Prepare for REAL... https://t.co/6rGLeekLdI 11:12:01 AM November 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite