This week has seen a lot of discussion about a new diet book which targets girls ages 6-12. After the initial outbreak of criticism, the author appeared on several talk shows defending his book as “empowering.” I spoke on the news about it Thursday.
I have to admit I’ve been wrestling with conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, I want to have the guy banned from Amazon and every other bookseller. His complete ignorance of the damaging and diminishing effect of diets on young women is simply deplorable.
On the other hand, we live in a country where we enjoy freedom of speech.
And yet, we have laws and policies that protect children from harm. And this is harmful.
To complicate matters further, as a blogger, do I speak up and risk giving him more exposure, or do I remain silent?
I’m back from vacation. It was wonderful to take a break from routine. It was also wonderful to get emails from my readers who missed me!
We visited Washington DC and saw many fantastic sights, museums and monuments.
But we also visited with family, where we met my cousin’s son’s little girl, Nadia, for the first time. She’s two and she’s amazing! Most babies are imaginative and creative and full of wonder – and she is all those things – before the world encourages them to drift away to more concrete “realities.”
Being a cowgirl myself, I brought her new purple cowgirl boots. She loved them! Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- #Sabotage has the ability to wipe out a large area of your life, but is especially prevalent in #WeightLoss.... https://t.co/SYILRaxpt9 about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What is your #LifePurpose! This is the BIG reason why... https://t.co/xEAAOQtryY https://t.co/LK5qDt7QBs about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you desire True #Lifestyle Change? Achieve a life of amazing #health and #vitality. Begin owning your health... https://t.co/110GK7fQAx 07:45:03 PM February 09, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 9 Tips to Go BEYOND Temporary #WeightLoss... Get #Results Access your copy at https://t.co/cdE7XpFt0M https://t.co/ZPffo62CNJ 11:30:02 AM February 09, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is deplorable behavior from a woman who claims to want to #EmpowerWomen. https://t.co/n6WkKUOTGf https://t.co/xlCSFHF6eD 08:40:03 AM February 09, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite