In a society that focuses so much on being thin, and produces extremely high obesity rates, it’s no surprise that the determining factors for a healthy life are often overlooked.
Many misinterpret weight as a primary indicator of health, when it is only one factor and, indeed, one that is often over-emphasized. A healthy weight actually exists in a wider range than what shows up on those old fashioned insurance charts used by your doctor – and certainly the newer BMI is similarly ridiculous with strong people who carry a lot of muscle falling into the “obese” category on them!
Heredity and excess dieting often hinder people from achieving those numbers on the charts but that doesn’t exclude a healthy life.
I’m not talking about throwing all caution to the wind and protecting an excessive overweight stage; I’m talking about finding the best health you can inside the body you have.
Here are eight indicators of health I use to help my clients determine an appropriate weight and get healthy. Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Don't let #Sabotage wipe out a large area of your life? Get the 8 DANGER ZONES AND DETOURS #weightloss.... https://t.co/dX0lGRaUKs about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The natural urge for #freedom. How this affects #permanentweightloss...... https://t.co/f8FoiQbZVO about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Are you ready for a #lifestyle change and have a life of amazing #health and #vitality ? Begin owning your health... https://t.co/rh0woAMnYq 06:13:14 PM July 18, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 9 Tips you need to Go BEYOND temporary #WeightLoss. Get #Results NOW! Check it out here! https://t.co/cdE7XpX3Sk https://t.co/PpItMm2TJW 11:12:05 AM July 18, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What's the deep hunger you feel? If you can identify it, you can fill the need in another way.... https://t.co/C80WDdOKuD 09:00:34 AM July 18, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite