Watching the movie “The Founder,” in which Michael Keaton plays Ray Kroc, the mastermind behind the mega-successful McDonald’s hamburger franchise, gives a rare glimpse into the very moment America took the fat road.
It comes about one-third of the way into the movie. Kroc walks up to the McDonald brothers’ hamburger stand in San Bernadino, California and, before he finishes paying, is handed a paper bag containing his order.
He’s amazed. “What’s that?” he asks.
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- How would you like to be told "drink only water for 24 hours before working" or "you are a standard for all... https://t.co/RrAkWo8Bni 02:53:28 PM September 07, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So true! Thank you Vicky Jo Varner!! https://t.co/hpsfkPPHe7 03:03:32 PM September 02, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New blog post! What a healed food addiction looks like. https://t.co/0wnF4Kdp6M https://t.co/F9BurYiKwd 05:06:02 PM August 13, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This. https://t.co/w9AOIlHMYf 08:51:43 AM August 05, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Expanding on the idea of mixed messages... this guy jumps on the financial manipulation of the American Heart... https://t.co/MBWlec5AlT 07:37:27 AM July 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite