For someone who battled fat and won, long-term, I learned there are many misconceptions about how excess weight is lost. Unfortunately, what we don’t know can cause great harm, with long-term effects.
Naturally, we want quick results and, with no shortage of diets in the world, it’s very tempting to grab onto a diet for weight loss. Unfortunately, that leads to the condition we now see in our culture: DIETING FATTER every year.
But the human body is resourceful and intelligent, and it perceives a diet as an assault. Let me explain why.
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Your body is your home, the only home you will ever know. It makes every action, pleasure and fulfilling moment... http://t.co/LHlakJsLCo about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- At the moment you eat, you either have physical hunger or physical desire. Only one calls for food. 08:10:25 AM July 23, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What you are is God’s gift to you; what you do with yourself is your gift to God -- Danish proverb 07:10:08 PM July 22, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It takes courage to walk through life hand-in-hand with yourself, instead of your addiction. 06:38:17 PM July 19, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Clients often tell me, "Food was always there for me, and I knew it would never hurt me, like people hurt me." It... http://t.co/MejjqWbYfL 10:15:12 AM July 13, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite