Based on your answers, you know what it’s like to be trapped in diet mentality: You make great efforts to diet and then, when life interferes, or boredom occurs, or the body craves forbidden foods, you break the diet. This leads to feeling guilty and making excuses. Worse of all, you may even hear yourself saying terrible things to yourself, things that harm your confidence and esteem.
It’s time to break out of diet mentality and regain your personal power so you can achieve a healthy weight. Here are some tools:
Excess weight is created by over-reliance on food – we often use food as caretaker, parent, therapist, mood-elevator, motivator, punisher, etc. Losing weight permanently requires...
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Remember... You have never failed at a diet. There's something MORE important. #weightloss #loseweight Read... http://t.co/y3x6pAAkFu about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We all know how to do this, if we stop and pay attention. We know how to treat ourselves with dignity.... http://t.co/7yfoa280IS 07:25:03 AM August 29, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No. 2: Stop comparing! Comparison is unloving and unproductive. #permanentweightloss Find out the other 10... http://t.co/huQUbnJkvv 07:05:02 AM August 28, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The first key is knowing and understanding how our energy runs, how it influences actions, and how to attain... http://t.co/OaU4qHbQOo 07:25:04 AM August 27, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I look back at my weight loss... I see that what I ate was much less important than what was going on in my... http://t.co/hZrSUnPDqO 07:05:03 AM August 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite