Based on your answers, you know what it’s like to be trapped in diet mentality: You make great efforts to diet and then, when life interferes, or boredom occurs, or the body craves forbidden foods, you break the diet. This leads to feeling guilty and making excuses. Worse of all, you may even hear yourself saying terrible things to yourself, things that harm your confidence and esteem.
It’s time to break out of diet mentality and regain your personal power so you can achieve a healthy weight. Here are some tools:
Excess weight is created by over-reliance on food – we often use food as caretaker, parent, therapist, mood-elevator, motivator, punisher, etc. Losing weight permanently requires...
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- The first key is knowing and understanding how our energy runs, how it influences actions, and how to attain... http://t.co/OaU4qHbQOo about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I look back at my weight loss... I see that what I ate was much less important than what was going on in my... http://t.co/hZrSUnPDqO 07:05:03 AM August 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Take a deep breath. There is only NOW... make the right decision for yourself at this moment. #liveinthenow... http://t.co/YShjMi8uj2 07:25:03 AM August 25, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A new challenge, just in time for the weekend: http://t.co/m3n4LRMufD http://t.co/8LH44VCXX1 04:42:30 PM August 22, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sometimes it's a challenge to always stay positive during CHANGE...so... What could you do with the negative... http://t.co/PZYvuig9u9 07:20:03 AM August 22, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite