Based on your answers, you know what it’s like to be trapped in diet mentality: You make great efforts to diet and then, when life interferes, or boredom occurs, or the body craves forbidden foods, you break the diet. This leads to feeling guilty and making excuses. Worse of all, you may even hear yourself saying terrible things to yourself, things that harm your confidence and esteem.
It’s time to break out of diet mentality and regain your personal power so you can achieve a healthy weight. Here are some tools:
Excess weight is created by over-reliance on food – we often use food as caretaker, parent, therapist, mood-elevator, motivator, punisher, etc. Losing weight permanently requires...
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- What's the deep hunger you feel? If you can identify it, you can fill the need in another way. Learn more....... http://t.co/HiXFdkoHLG about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Where are your danger zones and where do you cross the line into “overloaded”? What's your siren?....... http://t.co/a2SAAlltaN 05:25:03 AM September 18, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Giving ourselves the time necessary to break the deeper engrained behaviors requires patience... Learn more...... http://t.co/AbZ76fay7E 05:25:03 AM September 17, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- As a veteran of long-term sustained weight loss and a yoga devotee for eight years, here’s my perspective on yoga... http://t.co/ty7yXkALon 05:25:03 AM September 16, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of the MOST important factors for Permanent Weightloss... #loseweight #permanentweightloss What's the other... http://t.co/bYgguJDSWd 05:25:03 AM September 15, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite