Based on your answers, you know what it’s like to be trapped in diet mentality: You make great efforts to diet and then, when life interferes, or boredom occurs, or the body craves forbidden foods, you break the diet. This leads to feeling guilty and making excuses. Worse of all, you may even hear yourself saying terrible things to yourself, things that harm your confidence and esteem.
It’s time to break out of diet mentality and regain your personal power so you can achieve a healthy weight. Here are some tools:
During an interview this week, I was asked a question that stopped me in my tracks. “What derails you?” It took me a couple minutes of thought...
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- It’s about taking charge. With lifestyle change, we make powerful decisions and don’t let anyone get in the way... http://t.co/kbx9QvnWGc 10:35:03 AM February 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I wasn’t hurt by either person, but I did feel a sadness. Sometimes, humans are just so… inhumane. To... http://t.co/uAeUvKcMTD 10:25:02 AM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New blog post: your brain on crack (or bad diet)! http://t.co/ElEI9PiFJR http://t.co/X6vYA4Lwbt 11:16:49 AM February 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stop waiting for happiness. #findyourhappiness #weightloss http://t.co/8mEMT6JHzV http://t.co/4hBt2lK4Ex 10:10:03 AM February 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The body may need to “chill” and get its bearings. It may need to trust we are not going to starve and deprive... http://t.co/WB2qsBFSVQ 10:25:03 AM February 23, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite