Based on your answers, you know what it’s like to be trapped in diet mentality: You make great efforts to diet and then, when life interferes, or boredom occurs, or the body craves forbidden foods, you break the diet. This leads to feeling guilty and making excuses. Worse of all, you may even hear yourself saying terrible things to yourself, things that harm your confidence and esteem.
It’s time to break out of diet mentality and regain your personal power so you can achieve a healthy weight. Here are some tools:
During an interview this week, I was asked a question that stopped me in my tracks. “What derails you?” It took me a couple minutes of thought...
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- We all know how to do this... if we all stop and pay attention. #HealthyEating #LoseWeightPermanently... http://t.co/6V84iOH5Sy 10:20:03 AM January 23, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- And, just like that, what appeared to be a curse or the biggest problem in the world BECAME MY PATH.... http://t.co/yIdE1jbga8 10:35:03 AM January 21, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s simply not true that you can be healthy at ANY size. #medical #healthyweight So, what’s the medical... http://t.co/TTvbTxDyjx 10:15:02 AM January 20, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Many people thought I was exaggerating about the danger to "The Biggest Loser" contestants... uh, no.... http://t.co/jjuCBAATnH 04:05:19 PM January 19, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- As I see my life and direction becoming simpler, I like the “love approach” more and more... #LoveYourselfFirst... http://t.co/D5ZwrWd4J1 10:20:02 AM January 19, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite