If you read my blog often, you know that I have lost substantial weight and kept it off since the year 2000. In my seminars and workshops, where I teach the principles of permanent weight loss, I often talk about the two most important factors to lifestyle change that result in permanent weight loss:
That’s how you build lifestyle change. It doesn’t come with a diet, or we’d all be thin. Consistency is how you show up in your life, every day. It’s about the quality of the effort.
Consistency is not about “cheat days” or accepting a binge because it’s been a rough week or we got rejected by someone or something. Consistency is about integrity and owning our choices, for good. It’s about busting up excess weight with good behavior with food and exercise executed on a daily basis.
Persistence is key to separating permanent weight loss from yo-yo diet/regain. If we give up, we lose. Period. End of story. Yes, it matters if you “get back on the wagon.” But, why adopt the wagon theory at all?
You can ask Oprah how well the wagon has served her; she’s famous for her quote about it. I don’t believe in the wagon. There is no “on” or “off” for me. There is just life and how I choose to live it.
I recently saw a quote that reminded me of this:
“Persistence is your measure of your
belief in yourself.” ~Brian Tracy
I have to say, I never thought about persistence in quite this way. I love the concept of persistence and I hone and sharpen my persistence all the time.
But, believing in myself?
Well, isn’t it?
If we believe in ourselves, we don’t give up. We don’t throw away days. We don’t go backwards. We don’t give up on ourselves. Ever.
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- This looks like FUN!!! Would you try it? https://t.co/e1PcbeKLG4 09:47:47 AM January 24, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I got such lovely messages on my work anniversary - 17 years as an independent life coach. One woman thanked me... https://t.co/ZC9Q4ilvyM 10:16:53 AM December 01, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did you see the Catalyst newsletter Friday? It featured an article on Ending the Waiting Cycle and tips to plan... https://t.co/codgLeJ4Ay 08:33:12 AM November 13, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The connection between sexual harassment/assault and other sex crimes and excess weight. This week's LIVE report.... https://t.co/Kb3vuYItNJ 09:18:56 AM November 05, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How do you fill yourself up with TRUE nourishment? https://t.co/QOJhSAotqj 08:45:52 AM October 23, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite