If you read my blog often, you know that I have lost substantial weight and kept it off since the year 2000. In my seminars and workshops, where I teach the principles of permanent weight loss, I often talk about the two most important factors to lifestyle change that result in permanent weight loss:
That’s how you build lifestyle change. It doesn’t come with a diet, or we’d all be thin. Consistency is how you show up in your life, every day. It’s about the quality of the effort.
Consistency is not about “cheat days” or accepting a binge because it’s been a rough week or we got rejected by someone or something. Consistency is about integrity and owning our choices, for good. It’s about busting up excess weight with good behavior with food and exercise executed on a daily basis.
Persistence is key to separating permanent weight loss from yo-yo diet/regain. If we give up, we lose. Period. End of story. Yes, it matters if you “get back on the wagon.” But, why adopt the wagon theory at all?
You can ask Oprah how well the wagon has served her; she’s famous for her quote about it. I don’t believe in the wagon. There is no “on” or “off” for me. There is just life and how I choose to live it.
I recently saw a quote that reminded me of this:
“Persistence is your measure of your
belief in yourself.” ~Brian Tracy
I have to say, I never thought about persistence in quite this way. I love the concept of persistence and I hone and sharpen my persistence all the time.
But, believing in myself?
Well, isn’t it?
If we believe in ourselves, we don’t give up. We don’t throw away days. We don’t go backwards. We don’t give up on ourselves. Ever.
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- LOVE yourself first. #ahealthyyou #permanentweightloss http://t.co/HF2HGCwjig 09:20:02 AM October 29, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What happens when we have an issue or condition that constantly takes up a good deal of our available... http://t.co/ZGmOWzBHQZ 09:20:03 AM October 28, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You are not on this earth to please everybody. #loveyourself #ahealthyyou http://t.co/8MCwLDCUU7 09:20:03 AM October 27, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- YOU are worth it! #urworthit #permanentweightloss http://t.co/5MZHYJ1boJ 09:25:03 AM October 24, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Once you love yourself, you know you will love and love again... because you have to. #loveyourself... http://t.co/5QWJv7p6A5 09:25:03 AM October 23, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite