If you read my blog often, you know that I have lost substantial weight and kept it off since the year 2000. In my seminars and workshops, where I teach the principles of permanent weight loss, I often talk about the two most important factors to lifestyle change that result in permanent weight loss:
That’s how you build lifestyle change. It doesn’t come with a diet, or we’d all be thin. Consistency is how you show up in your life, every day. It’s about the quality of the effort.
Consistency is not about “cheat days” or accepting a binge because it’s been a rough week or we got rejected by someone or something. Consistency is about integrity and owning our choices, for good. It’s about busting up excess weight with good behavior with food and exercise executed on a daily basis.
Persistence is key to separating permanent weight loss from yo-yo diet/regain. If we give up, we lose. Period. End of story. Yes, it matters if you “get back on the wagon.” But, why adopt the wagon theory at all?
You can ask Oprah how well the wagon has served her; she’s famous for her quote about it. I don’t believe in the wagon. There is no “on” or “off” for me. There is just life and how I choose to live it.
I recently saw a quote that reminded me of this:
“Persistence is your measure of your
belief in yourself.” ~Brian Tracy
I have to say, I never thought about persistence in quite this way. I love the concept of persistence and I hone and sharpen my persistence all the time.
But, believing in myself?
Well, isn’t it?
If we believe in ourselves, we don’t give up. We don’t throw away days. We don’t go backwards. We don’t give up on ourselves. Ever.
Subscribe by EmailGet new blog posts sent directly to your email!
Like Pat on Facebook!
Follow Pat on Twitter
- Stop running your life by your limiting beliefs #PermanentWeightLoss http://t.co/lImpLjCzYC 11:20:02 PM May 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A whirlwind of positive energy and personality. She owns her body, every inch of it... #RebelWilson... http://t.co/I021nutwcw 07:15:02 AM May 22, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is the most important ingredient for #PermanentWeightLoss http://t.co/P9SYClQwjB http://t.co/w7dzo61MxH 03:22:30 PM May 21, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- More stress means more time for relaxation, movement, replenishment. Women need more replenishment than men.... http://t.co/zjEPwdoSeE 09:20:04 AM May 18, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How much say do actresses have about the characters they play? Rebel Wilson tends to run towards sassy and... http://t.co/VsCRiGMS9k 07:25:06 AM May 16, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite